Translate

Sunday 9 August 2015

Enchanted Unicorn!



Hello :)

Blending Outside the Colour Family. August Challenge at Make it Colourful.  Well boy oh boy did this have me stumped. After checking out the work the rest of the design team had come up with and asking poor Zoe loads of questions I think I have finally got it right, maybe.


Enchanted Unicorn Card .. (2)_result

Enchanted Unicorn (2)_result

Here are the Copic colours I have used

Mane - B04 & V04 is that crazy only two colours!! But by blending two very different colours together and leaving a little of the original colours it makes it look like I used more, don't you think?

Body - C1, C3, BV20, BV23, V22, V25 Now although I have used Three different colour families here I haven't blended them as such just dotted the colour around.

Hooves - BV20, 23, 25.  Horn - C3, 5 & Clear Wink of Stella.

The base of the card is 145mm x 115mm (approx 5.7" x 4.5") I have used By DIEzyne Stitched & Pierced Rectangle Dies, the first one is 135mm x 105mm (5.3" x 4.2") and I have adhered that directly to the base card, the next die is 125mm x 95mm (5" x 3.7") and I used mounting tape on this one to give it a lift, I use the same die for the imaged piece but ran it through the bigshot twice with the second time cutting it to 125mm x 70mm (5" x 2.7") and adhered it flat also. Here is a LINK to a youtube video that show how to change the size of the dies.

When printing the images I used Zoe's idea to crop the image to zoom in on it then placed the digital sentiment in line with his hooves and not past his mane so it fits nicely.

Added a little bit of bling to finish the card :) 

I hope this is helpful and that you visit again soon x

Andrea xx




2 comments: